Construct a robust real estate financial model to assess the financial risk and return profile of development, re-development and refurbishment projects.
This course is aimed at banking and lending analysts for real estate, investment surveyors, real estate finance professionals and property consultants seeking to build robust real estate development models free of errors.
Delegates will learn to construct a financial model for viability analysis in development, re-development of commercial and residential properties. Delegates will also learn how to produce sensitivity analysis, which will enhance their real estate financial analysis, error checking skills and improve their underwriting processes.
Who should attend this course:
The Real Estate Development and Financial Modelling in Excel courses are suitable for the beginner or intermediate financial modeller, who is seeking to develop their modelling skills and become an expert financial modelling for real estate development.
Duration: 2 days (online 4 sessions)
CPD Hours: 12 (online 14)
Level: Basic / Intermediate
Maximum number of delegates: 7
Course fee: £1,195 + VAT
28-30 September & 1-2 October 2020 – (9 am to 1 pm)
30 November – 4 December 2020 – (9 am to 1 pm)
Payment Plans available
Residual Valuation Appraisal
Gross and Net Development Values
Return on GDV, Cost and Equity
Pro-forma development cash flow
- Timings: purchase date, works start date, planning, lead in, construction and refurbishment, void period, lease start, sale date
- Revenue: sales proceeds, estimated rental value per sqf, net internal areas, rental growth and target returns
- Development Costs: construction and refurbishment, site purchase and vacant possession value, contingency, professional fees, statutory costs, allowances and rights
- S-Curve vs. Straight Line
- Internal Rate of Return (IRR)
- Net Present Value (NPV)
- Maximum Bidding Price
- Total profit, profit on cost and equity multiple
Financial viability testing & risk analysis
Data tables & sensitivity analysis
Risk visualisation techniques
Case study: un-geared office redevelopment in the UK
- Debt & Equity Structures
- Senior Debt
- Mezzanine Loan
Geared cash flow
- Rolled-up interest senior debt
- Equity first capital deployment waterfall
- Debt repayment structures for development finance
- Equity waterfall structure
- Preferred returns
- Promote Cash Flow
Capitalised interest & circularities
Case study: geared office redevelopment in the UK
What our customers say:
“I participated in Cambridge Finance’s two-day, real estate development modelling course and benefited immensely from:
- An extremely well-structured course;
- An interactive class, taught at pace;
- A highly knowledgeable and engaging instructor; and
- Excellent course material.
Ultimately, I came away from the course more confident in my modeling and equipped with the tools (handy excel shortcuts included) to build a robust but organized development model.
I highly recommend the Cambridge Finance team and for any entry level or intermediate employees looking to refine their skills.”
Laura, Real Estate Finance professional.