This course will cover the art and science of commercial property valuation, from information gathering, the due diligence process, and the core valuation methods used for commercial property.
Don’t underestimate the art of commercial property valuation. The course will build up from first principles, explain the timeline of a valuation, using real case studies. Each step will be discussed and explained so learners will understand the WHY of the valuation elements. This builds confidence so learners will be able to justify every aspect of their own valuation and make sound decisions based on evidence. Learn to LOVE valuation.
Who should attend this course?
This course is designed to give delegates the background, methodology, and practical tools to understand and produce commercial property valuations. Ideal for beginners or those who need to brush up on the theory behind commercial property valuation, build confidence and learn to love valuation.
- Feel confident at explaining the holistic overview for commercial valuation
- Be able to articulate the valuation process from beginning to end
- Master the key RICS valuation standards
Duration: Virtual Live: 2 sessions, 9am to 1pm
CPD Hours: 7
Maximum number of delegates: 8
(Payment Plan available)
Preparing to Value
• The concept of valuation
• Valuation steps
• Due diligence
• On site investigations – inspection & measurement
• Market sentiments
• Ascertain value significant lease terms in a tenancy
• Rental analysis
• Input versus output yields: initial, reversionary, exit and equivalent yields
• Calculation of output yields, including the equivalent yield in the Traditional Method and Discounted Cash Flow
• What are yields telling you about the property?
• Identifying the appropriate method of valuation and yields